If you are experiencing an emergency please contact 911. If you have an urgent need that you would like to talk with the C3 counseling department about, please text 804-596-2034 & you should hear back from us within a couple of hours.
Member Consent & PDI FormNonMember Consent & PDI Form
MISSION OF C3BC
To glorify God by lovingly leading & instructing hurting people toward Christlikeness as they are transformed by His all-sufficient Word & Spirit.
WHO IS A COUNSELEE?
Those attending C3 who want help to work through difficult issues.
Those not currently attending C3 who are seeking answers to their suffering & struggles.
REQUIREMENTS OF COUNSELEES
Fill out & sign the Personal Data Inventory (PDI) & Consent to Counsel form prior to the first meeting.
Begin or continue to attend C3 (or another Biblical church) on a weekly basis during your counseling (with reasonable exceptions).
Do homework/projects as determined by the counselor.
Complete the process.
Will consider a donation to C3 of $20/session.
Willing to purchase assigned counseling resources.
WHO IS A COUNSELOR?
- All believers who attend C3 (Ephesians 4:15; Hebrews 3:12-14)
- Community Group leaders & their elders (James 5:13-16)
- Trained & qualified biblical counselors approved by C3 (Ephesians 4:11)
REQUIREMENTS OF TRAINED BIBLICAL COUNSELORS
- A member of C3 (with reasonable exceptions).
- Holds a CCEF certificate or is ACBC/ABC certified, or has started this process.
- Has passed an interview with the Director of Biblical Counseling.
- Is a good listener who is emphatic, yet willing to speak truth in love.
- Willing to serve for free.
- Must document & submit counseling sessions.
- Attends the monthly C3 Biblical Counselors training meeting when possible.
- Is willing to co-counsel with others to be trained & to train.
- Is willing to be evaluated periodically.